Three mobile phones seized in Bihar jail
Patna: Three mobile phones were seized from inmates of a Bihar jail during a raid early Thursday, police said.
A police team led by city police superintendent Sandip Lande raided Beur Central Jail here and recovered three mobile phones, half a dozen mobile chargers, SIM cards and other objectionable items from the prisoners, police said.
Several gangsters, criminals turned politicians and Maoists are lodged in the Beur jail. The raid was conducted following information that inmates were freely using mobile phones to operate their criminal gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption