Three mobile phones seized in Bihar jail
Patna: Three mobile phones were seized from inmates of a Bihar jail during a raid early Thursday, police said.
A police team led by city police superintendent Sandip Lande raided Beur Central Jail here and recovered three mobile phones, half a dozen mobile chargers, SIM cards and other objectionable items from the prisoners, police said.
Several gangsters, criminals turned politicians and Maoists are lodged in the Beur jail. The raid was conducted following information that inmates were freely using mobile phones to operate their criminal gangs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr