Three mobile phones seized in Bihar jail
Patna: Three mobile phones were seized from inmates of a Bihar jail during a raid early Thursday, police said.
A police team led by city police superintendent Sandip Lande raided Beur Central Jail here and recovered three mobile phones, half a dozen mobile chargers, SIM cards and other objectionable items from the prisoners, police said.
Several gangsters, criminals turned politicians and Maoists are lodged in the Beur jail. The raid was conducted following information that inmates were freely using mobile phones to operate their criminal gangs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata