Three Naxals held in Bastar
Raipur: Three Naxals, two of them carrying rewards on their head, were on Monday arrested in separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Two ultras were apprehended from the forests of Tator village in Kondagaon district by a team of local police," Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Surjit Atri told PTI over phone.
The arrested were identified as Baiju (26) of Aadnar janmilitia group and Ramlal (30) of Cheema janmilitia group of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist). They were carrying rewards of Rs 5000 and Rs 4000, the ASP said.
They were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder, he added.
The police team was mobilised based on a tip-off about the presence of ultras in the region.
In another search operation in Bijapur district of southern Bastar, a Naxal, Yalam Dharma (30) was arrested by a joint group of district force and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) from forests of Awapalli police station area.
The patrol team was on a combing operation in Awapalli area, over 400 kms from the state capital Raipur, when it nabbed Dharma on suspicion, a senior police official said.
He has admitted of being involved in the movement, the official said, adding, he was involved in several incidents of crimes like murder, attempt to murder and dacoity in the region.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of seven districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport