Three persons killed, seven cops injured in road accident
Jamui: Three persons were killed and seven policemen injured in a collision between a three-wheeler and a police jeep near Islampur crossing in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said on tuesday.
The mishap took place as a speeding police jeep collided head-on with a three-wheeler last evening due to oversight of both drivers, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Headquarters, Md. Abdullah said.
Three occupants of the three-wheeler, including its driver Upendra died on the spot, while seven policemen sustained injuries, he said.
The police jeep was on way to Jamui district police headquarters after escorting the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s carcade upto the border of Nawada district, Abdullah said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured cops admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The irate local people blocked Sikandara-Jamui road this morning demanding compensation to the kins of the victims, the DSP said, adding the the protesters later removed blockade upon persuasion of the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH