Three persons killed, seven cops injured in road accident
Jamui: Three persons were killed and seven policemen injured in a collision between a three-wheeler and a police jeep near Islampur crossing in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said on tuesday.
The mishap took place as a speeding police jeep collided head-on with a three-wheeler last evening due to oversight of both drivers, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Headquarters, Md. Abdullah said.
Three occupants of the three-wheeler, including its driver Upendra died on the spot, while seven policemen sustained injuries, he said.
The police jeep was on way to Jamui district police headquarters after escorting the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s carcade upto the border of Nawada district, Abdullah said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured cops admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The irate local people blocked Sikandara-Jamui road this morning demanding compensation to the kins of the victims, the DSP said, adding the the protesters later removed blockade upon persuasion of the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation