Three persons killed, seven cops injured in road accident
Jamui: Three persons were killed and seven policemen injured in a collision between a three-wheeler and a police jeep near Islampur crossing in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said on tuesday.
The mishap took place as a speeding police jeep collided head-on with a three-wheeler last evening due to oversight of both drivers, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Headquarters, Md. Abdullah said.
Three occupants of the three-wheeler, including its driver Upendra died on the spot, while seven policemen sustained injuries, he said.
The police jeep was on way to Jamui district police headquarters after escorting the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s carcade upto the border of Nawada district, Abdullah said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured cops admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The irate local people blocked Sikandara-Jamui road this morning demanding compensation to the kins of the victims, the DSP said, adding the the protesters later removed blockade upon persuasion of the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri