Three persons killed, seven cops injured in road accident
Jamui: Three persons were killed and seven policemen injured in a collision between a three-wheeler and a police jeep near Islampur crossing in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said on tuesday.
The mishap took place as a speeding police jeep collided head-on with a three-wheeler last evening due to oversight of both drivers, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Headquarters, Md. Abdullah said.
Three occupants of the three-wheeler, including its driver Upendra died on the spot, while seven policemen sustained injuries, he said.
The police jeep was on way to Jamui district police headquarters after escorting the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s carcade upto the border of Nawada district, Abdullah said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the injured cops admitted to a hospital for treatment, he said.
The irate local people blocked Sikandara-Jamui road this morning demanding compensation to the kins of the victims, the DSP said, adding the the protesters later removed blockade upon persuasion of the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers