Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U
Patna: In a major setback for Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, three senior leaders and former Bihar ministers quit the party Monday and are likely to join the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Awadh Bihari Choudhary, Ejazul Haque and Indradeo Prasad resigned from the RJD on the ground that there was no internal democracy in the party, said a party leader. All three leaders are from Siwan district that was once a RJD stronghold.
Choudhary is considered a close confidant of Lalu Prasad. Haque is a close relative of former party MP Mohammad Shahabuddin, who is currently in jail.
Their move to leave the party is being seen as a big blow for Lalu Prasad who has been trying hard to revive his party and regain its social support base in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!