Three sentenced in Bitumen scam case
Patna: A CBI court today awarded five years imprisonment to three persons, including two engineers of Road Construction Department, in a Bitumen scam case in Bihar.
CBI Judge Bashist Narayan Singh sentenced two engineers of Road Construction Department posted at Motihari and a contractor to five years imprisonment for siphoning off Rs 70 lakh in the name of purchasing bitumen during 1994-95.
They were also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 each.
Bitumen worth Rs 70 lakh was shown on paper being transported to Motihari from Haldia in West Bengal, but it never reached the said destination, according to the prosecution.
At the direction of Patna High Court, CBI took up the investigation of Bitumen scam cases in 1997. It is probing 18 cases of the Bitumen scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred