Three sentenced in Bitumen scam case
Patna: A CBI court today awarded five years imprisonment to three persons, including two engineers of Road Construction Department, in a Bitumen scam case in Bihar.
CBI Judge Bashist Narayan Singh sentenced two engineers of Road Construction Department posted at Motihari and a contractor to five years imprisonment for siphoning off Rs 70 lakh in the name of purchasing bitumen during 1994-95.
They were also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 each.
Bitumen worth Rs 70 lakh was shown on paper being transported to Motihari from Haldia in West Bengal, but it never reached the said destination, according to the prosecution.
At the direction of Patna High Court, CBI took up the investigation of Bitumen scam cases in 1997. It is probing 18 cases of the Bitumen scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price