Three smugglers held with 5.37 quintal ganja in Patna
Patna: The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) has seized 5.37 quintals of ganja from a truck and arrested three persons from NH-30 on Patna-Fatuha Road in Bihar`s Patna district, an official said today.
Acting on a tip off, the EOW sleuths intercepted a truck on Patna-Fatuha Road last night and seized the consigment of contraband stacked underneath the vehicle`s cabin, the EOW Inspector General of Police (IG) Praveen Vashistha said.
Three smugglers, identified as Pramod Paswan, a native of Samastiput district, Balraj Singh alias Bantu and Indrajit Singh alias Sab (Ludhiana, Punjab) have been arrested for possession of ganja, he said.
The accused had told the investigators that they were working for a contraband syndicate being run by one Ram Vivek Singh, who was arrested six days ago with 2.33 quntal ganja, the EOW IG said.
An EOW team had seized six quintal ganja from members of the same gang last month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'