Three suspected naxalites detained in Bihar
Munger: Security forces on Sunday recovered six can bombs and detained three persons on suspicion of being Maoists from Kanani forest in Kharagpur police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, police sources said.
Acting on a report based on electronic surveillance and parallel phone tracking device that around 200 naxalites gathered at Kanani forests, the security forces comprising CRPF.
STF jawans launched a combing operation and recovered six can bombs and detained three suspected Maoists from Banaili forest enroute to Kanani forests, the sources said.
The combing operation against the ultras was going on, they said.
Superintendent of Police P Kannan was leading the search operation against the ultras, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!