Three tribals killed in firing over land dispute in Bihar
Purnia: Three tribals were killed and four others injured on Sunday after they were fired by a rival group over a land dispute in Bhatsara village in the district, a police official said.
Tribals and supporters of one, Sitaram Yadav, broke out into a clash over the ownership of a six bigha land in the village, during which Yadav`s men fired upon the tribals killing three of them, District Magistrate Shravan Kumar said.
While two of the victims -- Karan Tudu (30) and Rakesh Tudu (25) -- were involved in the clash, the third Manju Marandi (45) was hit by the bullet while he was passing the area on his way back to home.
The tribals had been engaged in a festering dispute with Yadav over the ownership of the land, Kumar said.
Superintendent of Police Amit Lodha had immediately rushed to the spot and raids are being carried out to nab the culprits, the DM said.
The state government will pay a compensation of Rs five lakh to each of the victims, he said, adding that the bodies had been sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof