Three women crushed to death in Bihar
Darbhanga: Three women were crushed to death early Tuesday by a speeding ambulance on NH-57 near Sakri in Bihar in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
"Gujri Devi (40), Arti Devi (42) and Chandrakala Devi (45) were ran over by the speeding ambulance which lost control at Delhi More when the women were going to the toilet in a field," Sadar Deputy Superintendent of Police Neeraj Kumar said.
While two women died on the spot, another died of her injuries in a hospital, he said.
The police later impounded the vehicle and arrested its driver, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, locals blocked NH-57 to protest in the incident and demanded Rs ten lakh compensation and government job to each of the victims.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire