Three women crushed to death in Bihar
Darbhanga (Bihar): Three women were crushed to death early Tuesday by a speeding ambulance on NH-57 near Sakri in Bihar in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
"Gujri Devi (40), Arti Devi (42) and Chandrakala Devi (45) were ran over by the speeding ambulance which lost control at Delhi More when the women were going to the toilet in a field," Sadar Deputy Superintendent of Police Neeraj Kumar said.
While two women died on the spot, another died of her injuries in a hospital, he said.
The police later impounded the vehicle and arrested its driver, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, locals blocked NH-57 to protest in the incident and demanded Rs ten lakh compensation and government job to each of the victims.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened