Three women crushed to death in Bihar
Darbhanga (Bihar): Three women were crushed to death early Tuesday by a speeding ambulance on NH-57 near Sakri in Bihar in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
"Gujri Devi (40), Arti Devi (42) and Chandrakala Devi (45) were ran over by the speeding ambulance which lost control at Delhi More when the women were going to the toilet in a field," Sadar Deputy Superintendent of Police Neeraj Kumar said.
While two women died on the spot, another died of her injuries in a hospital, he said.
The police later impounded the vehicle and arrested its driver, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, locals blocked NH-57 to protest in the incident and demanded Rs ten lakh compensation and government job to each of the victims.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot