Three women crushed to death in Bihar
Darbhanga (Bihar): Three women were crushed to death early Tuesday by a speeding ambulance on NH-57 near Sakri in Bihar in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
"Gujri Devi (40), Arti Devi (42) and Chandrakala Devi (45) were ran over by the speeding ambulance which lost control at Delhi More when the women were going to the toilet in a field," Sadar Deputy Superintendent of Police Neeraj Kumar said.
While two women died on the spot, another died of her injuries in a hospital, he said.
The police later impounded the vehicle and arrested its driver, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, locals blocked NH-57 to protest in the incident and demanded Rs ten lakh compensation and government job to each of the victims.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway