Three women crushed to death in Bihar
Darbhanga (Bihar): Three women were crushed to death early Tuesday by a speeding ambulance on NH-57 near Sakri in Bihar in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
"Gujri Devi (40), Arti Devi (42) and Chandrakala Devi (45) were ran over by the speeding ambulance which lost control at Delhi More when the women were going to the toilet in a field," Sadar Deputy Superintendent of Police Neeraj Kumar said.
While two women died on the spot, another died of her injuries in a hospital, he said.
The police later impounded the vehicle and arrested its driver, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, locals blocked NH-57 to protest in the incident and demanded Rs ten lakh compensation and government job to each of the victims.
Senior officials rushed to the spot and pacified the agitators, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO