Time over for Advani to throw tantrums: Shatrughan Sinha
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: Once a close confidant of BJP veteran LK Advani, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha has taken a dig at his mentor and the party patriarch, saying the time is over for him to show tantrums.
The BJP`s sitting MP from Patna Saheb, who is all set to file his nomination papers from here today, said that Advani has reached a stage where it does not suit him to show tantrums.
Actor-politician, however, hailed Advani as one of the tallest leaders of the country and said he was like a friend and guide to him.
Sinha`s sudden change of heart for Advani also reflects the growing urge in senior BJP leaders to remain in the good books of the party`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, who is known to be an authoritarian leader.
On Thursday, angry party workers protested at the BJP headquarters here against the re-nomination of Shatrughan as the BJP candidate Patna Saheb.
Anyone who tried to shout against Shatrughan were beaten up by his supporters in order to break down any rebellion. In these clashes, several workers from the party received serious injuries.
Sinha, along with his wife Poonam and son Luv Sinha had reached here yesterday for filling the nomination papers. He will be fighting against Dr Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U).
Dr Sinha is said to be the personal physician of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them