Top Maoist leader brought to Latehar for interrogation
Latehar: A Maoist mastermind, allegedly involved in implanting explosives in the stomach of two policemen earlier this year, was on Wednesday brought to Latehar from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur where he was arrested and the police recovered several weapons acting on his disclosure.
Anup Thakur alias Subhas Thakur, a member of Maoist central military commission, was arrested along with a female accomplice yesterday and brought here for interrogation, Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj told reporters here.
Based on his information, the security forces recovered two rifles, two country-made guns, scores of bullets of SLR and INSAS rifles, three detonators, Maoist literature and other things hidden in the forests of Katia, the SP said.
Thakur was a named accused in several police stations including Palamau, Chatra, Garhwa, Latehar, Lohardaga, Gumla in Jharkhand, Bihar`s Aurangabad and in some areas of Chhattisgarh, he said.
Thakur, who was with the People`s War before its merger CPI-Maoist, was allegedly involved in the attacks on former assembly speaker and Independent MP Inder Singh Namdhari in Latehar in December 2011 and the ambush on a police party in Gumla district this year, the SP said.
"He was also one of the brains behind implanting explosives in the stomach of two policemen after attacking the security forces in the Katia forests in January," Raj said, adding that Bihar Police took his female accomplice for interrogation.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Did you forget to log out of Facebook last time? Know how to do it remotely
- Anushka Sharma looks refreshingly beautiful in black on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Iran and Russia move closer but their alliance has limits
- Athletes, shooters, wrestlers, boxers are all Goodwill Ambassadors, what's the need of Salman Khan? Asks Milkha Singh
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!