Top ranking Maoist arrested from Gaya
Gaya: A self-styled zonal commander of a Maoist outfit, involved in the recent attack on a SAP camp in Aurangabad in which three jawans were killed and arms and ammunition looted, was arrested from Kolkata and forwarded to jail here on Wednesday.
On a tip off, the police arrested Nepali Yadav from Kolkata and brought him here, Additional Superintendent of Police Shambhu Prasad said.
Yadav, who is self-styled zonal commander of the Magadh and central zones in Bihar, was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate here who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
Yadav had a key role in the recent attack on a SAP (Special Auxiliary Police) camp at Goh in which three jawans were killed and huge quantity of arms and ammunition looted by the Maoists.
The Kolkata police, however, remained in the dark about the entire operation and said that they had no idea about the Gaya police team`s operation in the city.
"We are not aware of any such operation in the city," said a senior official of Special Task Force said in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?