Top ranking Maoist arrested from Gaya
Gaya: A self-styled zonal commander of a Maoist outfit, involved in the recent attack on a SAP camp in Aurangabad in which three jawans were killed and arms and ammunition looted, was arrested from Kolkata and forwarded to jail here on Wednesday.
On a tip off, the police arrested Nepali Yadav from Kolkata and brought him here, Additional Superintendent of Police Shambhu Prasad said.
Yadav, who is self-styled zonal commander of the Magadh and central zones in Bihar, was produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate here who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
Yadav had a key role in the recent attack on a SAP (Special Auxiliary Police) camp at Goh in which three jawans were killed and huge quantity of arms and ammunition looted by the Maoists.
The Kolkata police, however, remained in the dark about the entire operation and said that they had no idea about the Gaya police team`s operation in the city.
"We are not aware of any such operation in the city," said a senior official of Special Task Force said in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials