Trade bandh in Bihar evokes little response
Patna: The dawn-to-dusk country-wide trade
bandh called by various trade unions evoked little response
in Bihar with shops in major markets remaining open.
However, many private schools remained closed as a
precautionary measure in view of the bandh which has been
called to protest against the Centre`s decision to allow 51
per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
The ruling NDA in Bihar has extended support to the bandh
while Congress and LJP are opposed.
The bandh is so far peaceful, Director General of Police
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said he would not allow
51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail sector in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet