Trade bandh in Bihar evokes little response
Patna: The dawn-to-dusk country-wide trade
bandh called by various trade unions evoked little response
in Bihar with shops in major markets remaining open.
However, many private schools remained closed as a
precautionary measure in view of the bandh which has been
called to protest against the Centre`s decision to allow 51
per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
The ruling NDA in Bihar has extended support to the bandh
while Congress and LJP are opposed.
The bandh is so far peaceful, Director General of Police
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said he would not allow
51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail sector in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video