Trade bandh in Bihar evokes little response
Patna: The dawn-to-dusk country-wide trade
bandh called by various trade unions evoked little response
in Bihar with shops in major markets remaining open.
However, many private schools remained closed as a
precautionary measure in view of the bandh which has been
called to protest against the Centre`s decision to allow 51
per cent FDI in multi-brand retail.
The ruling NDA in Bihar has extended support to the bandh
while Congress and LJP are opposed.
The bandh is so far peaceful, Director General of Police
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said he would not allow
51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail sector in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP