Trader shot dead, protest in Araria
Araria: Gunmen shot dead a shopkeeper,
triggering protests by locals who enforced closure of shops
and held demonstrations demanding immediate arrest of
the culprits in this town of Bihar`s Araria district on Wednesday.
Three gunmen fired at the businessman Sushil Bhushan,
killing him on the spot last night, the police said.
As the news spread this morning, the locals assembled in
the market, forced closure of shops and held demonstrations on
the road and railway station here.
They were demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and
adequate compensation to the victim`s family.
Superintendent of Police Garima Mallick suspended the
Station House Officer of the Araria police station on the
charge of dereliction of duty, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok