Trader shot dead, protest in Araria
Araria: Gunmen shot dead a shopkeeper,
triggering protests by locals who enforced closure of shops
and held demonstrations demanding immediate arrest of
the culprits in this town of Bihar`s Araria district on Wednesday.
Three gunmen fired at the businessman Sushil Bhushan,
killing him on the spot last night, the police said.
As the news spread this morning, the locals assembled in
the market, forced closure of shops and held demonstrations on
the road and railway station here.
They were demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and
adequate compensation to the victim`s family.
Superintendent of Police Garima Mallick suspended the
Station House Officer of the Araria police station on the
charge of dereliction of duty, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in