Trader shot dead, protest in Araria
Araria: Gunmen shot dead a shopkeeper,
triggering protests by locals who enforced closure of shops
and held demonstrations demanding immediate arrest of
the culprits in this town of Bihar`s Araria district on Wednesday.
Three gunmen fired at the businessman Sushil Bhushan,
killing him on the spot last night, the police said.
As the news spread this morning, the locals assembled in
the market, forced closure of shops and held demonstrations on
the road and railway station here.
They were demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and
adequate compensation to the victim`s family.
Superintendent of Police Garima Mallick suspended the
Station House Officer of the Araria police station on the
charge of dereliction of duty, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16