Trader shot dead, protest in Araria
Araria: Gunmen shot dead a shopkeeper,
triggering protests by locals who enforced closure of shops
and held demonstrations demanding immediate arrest of
the culprits in this town of Bihar`s Araria district on Wednesday.
Three gunmen fired at the businessman Sushil Bhushan,
killing him on the spot last night, the police said.
As the news spread this morning, the locals assembled in
the market, forced closure of shops and held demonstrations on
the road and railway station here.
They were demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and
adequate compensation to the victim`s family.
Superintendent of Police Garima Mallick suspended the
Station House Officer of the Araria police station on the
charge of dereliction of duty, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside