Trains cancelled in Bihar amid Maoist shutdown
Patna: At least nine trains were cancelled and some diverted in Bihar in view of a two-day Maoist shutdown that began Monday, officials said.
The trains cancelled include the Patna-Barka Kana Singrauli Express, Barka Kana-Patna Express and the Singrauli-Garhwa Express, an official of the East Central Railway said.
Simultaneously, security forces went on high alert.
"An alert has been sounded in the state and adequate security arrangements are in place," Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur said.
Public transport was hit in some rural areas. A few long-route buses called off their services.
The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called a shutdown in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal to protest the arrest of two Maoists in Bihar - Sambhuji in Rohtas district and Kamruddin in Patna district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!