Trains cancelled in Bihar amid Maoist shutdown
Patna: At least nine trains were cancelled and some diverted in Bihar in view of a two-day Maoist shutdown that began Monday, officials said.
The trains cancelled include the Patna-Barka Kana Singrauli Express, Barka Kana-Patna Express and the Singrauli-Garhwa Express, an official of the East Central Railway said.
Simultaneously, security forces went on high alert.
"An alert has been sounded in the state and adequate security arrangements are in place," Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur said.
Public transport was hit in some rural areas. A few long-route buses called off their services.
The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called a shutdown in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal to protest the arrest of two Maoists in Bihar - Sambhuji in Rohtas district and Kamruddin in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what