Trains cancelled in Bihar amid Maoist shutdown
Patna: At least nine trains were cancelled and some diverted in Bihar in view of a two-day Maoist shutdown that began Monday, officials said.
The trains cancelled include the Patna-Barka Kana Singrauli Express, Barka Kana-Patna Express and the Singrauli-Garhwa Express, an official of the East Central Railway said.
Simultaneously, security forces went on high alert.
"An alert has been sounded in the state and adequate security arrangements are in place," Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur said.
Public transport was hit in some rural areas. A few long-route buses called off their services.
The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called a shutdown in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal to protest the arrest of two Maoists in Bihar - Sambhuji in Rohtas district and Kamruddin in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’