Trains cancelled in Bihar amid Maoist shutdown
Patna: At least nine trains were cancelled and some diverted in Bihar in view of a two-day Maoist shutdown that began Monday, officials said.
The trains cancelled include the Patna-Barka Kana Singrauli Express, Barka Kana-Patna Express and the Singrauli-Garhwa Express, an official of the East Central Railway said.
Simultaneously, security forces went on high alert.
"An alert has been sounded in the state and adequate security arrangements are in place," Additional Director General of Police P.K. Thakur said.
Public transport was hit in some rural areas. A few long-route buses called off their services.
The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called a shutdown in Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal to protest the arrest of two Maoists in Bihar - Sambhuji in Rohtas district and Kamruddin in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!