Tributes to Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 46th death
Patna: Bihar Youth Congress led by its
president Lalan Kumar and former MP Ranjit Ranjan today
offered floral tributes to the statue of late Prime Minister
Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 46th death anniversary.
The state youth congress activists led by Kumar went to
Shastri Nagar to offer their tributes.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of
India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after signing
a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M Ayub
Khan to end the 1965 war.
The state youth congress chief described Lal Bahadur
Shastri as s a man who believed in the pillars of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial