Tributes to Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 46th death
Patna: Bihar Youth Congress led by its
president Lalan Kumar and former MP Ranjit Ranjan today
offered floral tributes to the statue of late Prime Minister
Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 46th death anniversary.
The state youth congress activists led by Kumar went to
Shastri Nagar to offer their tributes.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of
India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after signing
a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M Ayub
Khan to end the 1965 war.
The state youth congress chief described Lal Bahadur
Shastri as s a man who believed in the pillars of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit