Twenty killed in road mishap in Dhanbad, scores injured
Dhanbad, Jharkhand: Twenty-one members of a marriage party were killed and 20 others injured when their bus rammed into a tree near Grand Trunk road in Dhanbad district Wednesday.
The bus was returning to Salampur in West Bengal`s Chittaranjan town when the driver lost control over the vehicle at Barwa near GT road and hit a tree, killing 18
people on the spot. Three passengers died at a local hospital, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sanjay Ranjan told reporters.
The marriage party had gone to Munda Basti in Gobindpur and was returning home when the mishap occurred at 6.30 am.
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?
- RJD MP who said, 'Nitish looting Bihar in name of development', gets show cause notice
- Secy panel on 7th CPC to have key meeting on June 11; salary hikes unlikely to come in July
- PM Modi to attend 2nd International Yoga Day at Chandigarh
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry