Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls
Patna: Two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators in Bihar, in separate incidents, have alleged that they received extortion calls from unidentified men, police said on Monday.
Vijay Kumar Sinha, a legislator from Lakhisarai, said he got a call from a man on Sunday demanding Rs.10 lakh as extortion.
"The man used abusive language and threatened to kill me if I failed to pay the money," Sinha added.
Another BJP legislator, Vinod Kumar Singh, also lodged a complaint against an unidentified man for demanding money.
"I was shocked when I got the call two days ago," said Singh, a legislator from Pranpur assembly seat in Katihar district.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar said investigations have begun in the two cases.
Last month, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) MP Maheshwar Hazari alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs.50 lakh from him and threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH