Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls
Patna: Two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators in Bihar, in separate incidents, have alleged that they received extortion calls from unidentified men, police said on Monday.
Vijay Kumar Sinha, a legislator from Lakhisarai, said he got a call from a man on Sunday demanding Rs.10 lakh as extortion.
"The man used abusive language and threatened to kill me if I failed to pay the money," Sinha added.
Another BJP legislator, Vinod Kumar Singh, also lodged a complaint against an unidentified man for demanding money.
"I was shocked when I got the call two days ago," said Singh, a legislator from Pranpur assembly seat in Katihar district.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar said investigations have begun in the two cases.
Last month, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) MP Maheshwar Hazari alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs.50 lakh from him and threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents