Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls
Patna: Two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators in Bihar, in separate incidents, have alleged that they received extortion calls from unidentified men, police said on Monday.
Vijay Kumar Sinha, a legislator from Lakhisarai, said he got a call from a man on Sunday demanding Rs.10 lakh as extortion.
"The man used abusive language and threatened to kill me if I failed to pay the money," Sinha added.
Another BJP legislator, Vinod Kumar Singh, also lodged a complaint against an unidentified man for demanding money.
"I was shocked when I got the call two days ago," said Singh, a legislator from Pranpur assembly seat in Katihar district.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar said investigations have begun in the two cases.
Last month, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) MP Maheshwar Hazari alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs.50 lakh from him and threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'