Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls
Patna: Two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators in Bihar, in separate incidents, have alleged that they received extortion calls from unidentified men, police said on Monday.
Vijay Kumar Sinha, a legislator from Lakhisarai, said he got a call from a man on Sunday demanding Rs.10 lakh as extortion.
"The man used abusive language and threatened to kill me if I failed to pay the money," Sinha added.
Another BJP legislator, Vinod Kumar Singh, also lodged a complaint against an unidentified man for demanding money.
"I was shocked when I got the call two days ago," said Singh, a legislator from Pranpur assembly seat in Katihar district.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar said investigations have begun in the two cases.
Last month, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) MP Maheshwar Hazari alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs.50 lakh from him and threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!