Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls
Patna: Two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators in Bihar, in separate incidents, have alleged that they received extortion calls from unidentified men, police said on Monday.
Vijay Kumar Sinha, a legislator from Lakhisarai, said he got a call from a man on Sunday demanding Rs.10 lakh as extortion.
"The man used abusive language and threatened to kill me if I failed to pay the money," Sinha added.
Another BJP legislator, Vinod Kumar Singh, also lodged a complaint against an unidentified man for demanding money.
"I was shocked when I got the call two days ago," said Singh, a legislator from Pranpur assembly seat in Katihar district.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Alok Kumar said investigations have begun in the two cases.
Last month, the ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) MP Maheshwar Hazari alleged that an unidentified man demanded Rs.50 lakh from him and threatened to kill him and his family if he did not pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29