Two bodies found in Nawada
Nawada: Two bodies and a seriously injured person were found lying beneath a railway overbridge in Nawada district of Bihar on Friday.
Both the deceased were yet to be identified.
While the head of one of them them was badly crushed, the body of another did not bear marks of external injuries, Nawada Superintendent of Police Chandrika Prasad said.
"Liquor bottles have been recovered from the spot. It seems the three persons got drunk near the railway tracks beneath the overbridge on Kiul - Gaya railway section and were run over by some passing train last night," he said.
The injured person has been identified as one Mohammad Firoz of Bhadauni village.
He is known to have criminal antecedents and is a suspect in train dacoity, loot and snatching cases. His relatives have taken him to Patna for treatment, the SP said.
Locals suspect they were murdered elsewhere and then dumped on the spot near the railway tracks to make it look like an accident.
The bodies have been sent to Nawada Sadar Hospital for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'