Two bodies found in Nawada
Nawada: Two bodies and a seriously injured person were found lying beneath a railway overbridge in Nawada district of Bihar on Friday.
Both the deceased were yet to be identified.
While the head of one of them them was badly crushed, the body of another did not bear marks of external injuries, Nawada Superintendent of Police Chandrika Prasad said.
"Liquor bottles have been recovered from the spot. It seems the three persons got drunk near the railway tracks beneath the overbridge on Kiul - Gaya railway section and were run over by some passing train last night," he said.
The injured person has been identified as one Mohammad Firoz of Bhadauni village.
He is known to have criminal antecedents and is a suspect in train dacoity, loot and snatching cases. His relatives have taken him to Patna for treatment, the SP said.
Locals suspect they were murdered elsewhere and then dumped on the spot near the railway tracks to make it look like an accident.
The bodies have been sent to Nawada Sadar Hospital for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city