Two bogies of an Express train derail in Bihar
Begusarai (Bihar): Altogether 12 passengers were injured when two bogies of an express train derailed in Bihar`s Begusarai district on Tuesday when the driver applied emergency brake to save buffaloes crossing the track.
The passengers received minor injuries when they jumped out of the train in panic, the police said.
The driver of the Lucknow-Barauni express applied the emergency brake when the train ran over a buffalo among a herd that was crossing the tracks at Sadajagat halt under Samastipur division and two bogies jumped the track, the police said.
The train left for Dalsingsarai railway station after detachment of the two bogies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’