Two bogies of an Express train derail in Bihar
Begusarai (Bihar): Altogether 12 passengers were injured when two bogies of an express train derailed in Bihar`s Begusarai district on Tuesday when the driver applied emergency brake to save buffaloes crossing the track.
The passengers received minor injuries when they jumped out of the train in panic, the police said.
The driver of the Lucknow-Barauni express applied the emergency brake when the train ran over a buffalo among a herd that was crossing the tracks at Sadajagat halt under Samastipur division and two bogies jumped the track, the police said.
The train left for Dalsingsarai railway station after detachment of the two bogies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack