Two bombs explode at railway track in Katihar, two others recovered
Katihar: Two low intensity bombs exploded on the railway track between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations in Bihar`s Katihar district this morning.
However, no one was injured in the incident.
In another incident, railway track men recovered two more bombs from the same place, a police officer said.
During routine inspection of the railway track, two bombs exploded at bridge pillar number 156/67 when the track men were trying to find out an unidentified object lying there that later turned out to be bombs, Superintendent of Police (SP), Railway, Jitendra Mishra said.
The track men later found two more bombs from the same place, he said, adding there was no no casualty or injury to anyone due to explosions, which he claimed, were of low intensity.
The train service between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations have been suspended for the time being to check the tracks, Mishra said.
The police officials have rushed to the spot with bomb disposal squad to sanitize the railway track, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption