Two bombs explode at railway track in Katihar, two others recovered
Katihar: Two low intensity bombs exploded on the railway track between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations in Bihar`s Katihar district this morning.
However, no one was injured in the incident.
In another incident, railway track men recovered two more bombs from the same place, a police officer said.
During routine inspection of the railway track, two bombs exploded at bridge pillar number 156/67 when the track men were trying to find out an unidentified object lying there that later turned out to be bombs, Superintendent of Police (SP), Railway, Jitendra Mishra said.
The track men later found two more bombs from the same place, he said, adding there was no no casualty or injury to anyone due to explosions, which he claimed, were of low intensity.
The train service between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations have been suspended for the time being to check the tracks, Mishra said.
The police officials have rushed to the spot with bomb disposal squad to sanitize the railway track, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand