Two bombs explode at railway track in Katihar, two others recovered
Katihar: Two low intensity bombs exploded on the railway track between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations in Bihar`s Katihar district this morning.
However, no one was injured in the incident.
In another incident, railway track men recovered two more bombs from the same place, a police officer said.
During routine inspection of the railway track, two bombs exploded at bridge pillar number 156/67 when the track men were trying to find out an unidentified object lying there that later turned out to be bombs, Superintendent of Police (SP), Railway, Jitendra Mishra said.
The track men later found two more bombs from the same place, he said, adding there was no no casualty or injury to anyone due to explosions, which he claimed, were of low intensity.
The train service between Azamnagar and Khuriyar stations have been suspended for the time being to check the tracks, Mishra said.
The police officials have rushed to the spot with bomb disposal squad to sanitize the railway track, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city