Two children die after being set on fire by mother
Madhubani: In a shocking incident, a woman on Sunday set on fire her two minor children in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Sulekha Devi of Bhatgawan village set her two children, Kajal Kumari (4) and Krishna Kumar (2), on fire after pouring kerosene oil on them while they were asleep in a room, Babubarhi police station in-charge B K Singh said.
Both children died on the spot, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem to a government hospital.
The woman took the extreme step in a fit of rage following a bitter quarrel with her husband Ayodhya Singh over a family-related matter, Singh said.
The woman has been arrested and charged with the murder of her children, the police officer said, adding a probe was on in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre