Two children die after being set on fire by mother
Madhubani: In a shocking incident, a woman on Sunday set on fire her two minor children in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Sulekha Devi of Bhatgawan village set her two children, Kajal Kumari (4) and Krishna Kumar (2), on fire after pouring kerosene oil on them while they were asleep in a room, Babubarhi police station in-charge B K Singh said.
Both children died on the spot, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem to a government hospital.
The woman took the extreme step in a fit of rage following a bitter quarrel with her husband Ayodhya Singh over a family-related matter, Singh said.
The woman has been arrested and charged with the murder of her children, the police officer said, adding a probe was on in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand