Two children die after being set on fire by mother
Madhubani: In a shocking incident, a woman on Sunday set on fire her two minor children in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Sulekha Devi of Bhatgawan village set her two children, Kajal Kumari (4) and Krishna Kumar (2), on fire after pouring kerosene oil on them while they were asleep in a room, Babubarhi police station in-charge B K Singh said.
Both children died on the spot, he said, adding the bodies have been sent for post-mortem to a government hospital.
The woman took the extreme step in a fit of rage following a bitter quarrel with her husband Ayodhya Singh over a family-related matter, Singh said.
The woman has been arrested and charged with the murder of her children, the police officer said, adding a probe was on in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets