Two drowned, seven missing as boat capsizes
Bagaha: Two persons were drowned and several others missing when a boat capsised in the river Gandak near Kailash Nagar village in Bagaha district on Tuesday, official sources said.
The boat was carrying about 24 labourers, Sub-divisional Officer Raman Kumar said.
Two bodies were fished out and divers pressed into service to locate others.
The deceased were identified as Gita Devi (40) and Chhoti Kumari (15) alias Sangita Kumari, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video