Two drowned, seven missing as boat capsizes
Bagaha: Two persons were drowned and several others missing when a boat capsised in the river Gandak near Kailash Nagar village in Bagaha district on Tuesday, official sources said.
The boat was carrying about 24 labourers, Sub-divisional Officer Raman Kumar said.
Two bodies were fished out and divers pressed into service to locate others.
The deceased were identified as Gita Devi (40) and Chhoti Kumari (15) alias Sangita Kumari, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail