Two drowned, seven missing as boat capsizes
Bagaha: Two persons were drowned and several others missing when a boat capsised in the river Gandak near Kailash Nagar village in Bagaha district on Tuesday, official sources said.
The boat was carrying about 24 labourers, Sub-divisional Officer Raman Kumar said.
Two bodies were fished out and divers pressed into service to locate others.
The deceased were identified as Gita Devi (40) and Chhoti Kumari (15) alias Sangita Kumari, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people