Two electrocuted, Nitish orders ministerial probe
Motihari: Two persons were
electrocuted and six others suffered burn injuries as a high
voltage electric wire snapped and fell on them in East
Champaran district today, prompting Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar to order a magisterial probe.
The electric wire fell on some people standing at the
taxi stand at Koeria Tola locality, Deputy Superintendent of
Police (DSP) of Raxaul, Rajiv Ranjan said.
While two persons were electrocuted, six others sustained
burn injuries, he said, adding the injured were admitted to a
nearby hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, irate local people blocked traffic on the
NH-28A and set on fire a police jeep, besides uprooting some
electric poles and transformers.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered a magisterial probe
into the incident.
He also announced a compensation of Rs 1.5 lakh each to
the kin of the two people who died of electrocution in East
Champaran district and expressed his heartfelt condolences to
Out of Rs 1.5 lakh compensation, Rs one lakh will be
given by the Bihar State Electricity Board (BESB) and Rs
50,000 from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, he said, adding
the injured would get free treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday