Two given death sentence in triple murder case in Patna
Patna: A district court here on Saturday sentenced two persons to death for murdering the wife and two minor children of their employer here three years ago.
Additional District Judge Ramesh Chandra Singh announced Mukesh Mahto and Upendra Kumar Thakur be hanged till death.
The accused had brutally stabbed employer Sanjeev Gupta`s wife Arti Gupta and his two children Sachin (5) and Aashi (3) on August 16, 2010 and had also looted Rs 5 lakh from Gupta`s house.
Gupta, who owns a furniture shop in Nala road, was in Delhi at the time of the incident.
When Arti did not pick up his call, the furniture owner asked his friends to inquire about his family. On reaching home, they found his wife and two children brutally murdered.
The two employees had gone to Gupta`s house after shutting the shop that evening and committed the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs