Two given death sentence in triple murder case in Patna
Patna: A district court here on Saturday sentenced two persons to death for murdering the wife and two minor children of their employer here three years ago.
Additional District Judge Ramesh Chandra Singh announced Mukesh Mahto and Upendra Kumar Thakur be hanged till death.
The accused had brutally stabbed employer Sanjeev Gupta`s wife Arti Gupta and his two children Sachin (5) and Aashi (3) on August 16, 2010 and had also looted Rs 5 lakh from Gupta`s house.
Gupta, who owns a furniture shop in Nala road, was in Delhi at the time of the incident.
When Arti did not pick up his call, the furniture owner asked his friends to inquire about his family. On reaching home, they found his wife and two children brutally murdered.
The two employees had gone to Gupta`s house after shutting the shop that evening and committed the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire