Two given death sentence in triple murder case in Patna
Patna: A district court here on Saturday sentenced two persons to death for murdering the wife and two minor children of their employer here three years ago.
Additional District Judge Ramesh Chandra Singh announced Mukesh Mahto and Upendra Kumar Thakur be hanged till death.
The accused had brutally stabbed employer Sanjeev Gupta`s wife Arti Gupta and his two children Sachin (5) and Aashi (3) on August 16, 2010 and had also looted Rs 5 lakh from Gupta`s house.
Gupta, who owns a furniture shop in Nala road, was in Delhi at the time of the incident.
When Arti did not pick up his call, the furniture owner asked his friends to inquire about his family. On reaching home, they found his wife and two children brutally murdered.
The two employees had gone to Gupta`s house after shutting the shop that evening and committed the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened