Two given life sentence in murder case in Bihar
Patna: A district court here on Thursday sentenced two persons to life imprisonment in a six-year-old murder case in the state capital.
Additional District and Sessions Court judge Chaudhary Binod Kumar Rai also imposed a penalty of Rs 15,000 each on the two.
The two were accused of murdering one Bidyanand Rai following dispute over sand trade in 2007.
A case was registered in this connection with Pirbahore police station of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast