Two hardcore Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Two hardcore Maoists were arrested on Saturday and arms and explosives meant for ambushing a police team recovered from them in Rohtas district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the hideout of the Maoists, identified as Umesh Singh and Sriram Thakur, in Rajpur market and arrested them, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Three cane bombs and 20 kgs of explosive powder were allegedly seized.
The ultras, associates of an incarcerated Maoist cadre Rajesh Sharma alias Tufani, had planned to use the explosives to ambush a police party, he said.
The duo was being interrogated, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report