Two hardcore Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Two hardcore Maoists were arrested on Saturday and arms and explosives meant for ambushing a police team recovered from them in Rohtas district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the hideout of the Maoists, identified as Umesh Singh and Sriram Thakur, in Rajpur market and arrested them, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Three cane bombs and 20 kgs of explosive powder were allegedly seized.
The ultras, associates of an incarcerated Maoist cadre Rajesh Sharma alias Tufani, had planned to use the explosives to ambush a police party, he said.
The duo was being interrogated, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred