Two hardcore Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Two hardcore Maoists were arrested on Saturday and arms and explosives meant for ambushing a police team recovered from them in Rohtas district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the hideout of the Maoists, identified as Umesh Singh and Sriram Thakur, in Rajpur market and arrested them, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Three cane bombs and 20 kgs of explosive powder were allegedly seized.
The ultras, associates of an incarcerated Maoist cadre Rajesh Sharma alias Tufani, had planned to use the explosives to ambush a police party, he said.
The duo was being interrogated, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days