Two hardcore Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Two hardcore Maoists were arrested on Saturday and arms and explosives meant for ambushing a police team recovered from them in Rohtas district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the hideout of the Maoists, identified as Umesh Singh and Sriram Thakur, in Rajpur market and arrested them, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Three cane bombs and 20 kgs of explosive powder were allegedly seized.
The ultras, associates of an incarcerated Maoist cadre Rajesh Sharma alias Tufani, had planned to use the explosives to ambush a police party, he said.
The duo was being interrogated, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra