Two hardcore Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): Two hardcore Maoists were arrested on Saturday and arms and explosives meant for ambushing a police team recovered from them in Rohtas district, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the hideout of the Maoists, identified as Umesh Singh and Sriram Thakur, in Rajpur market and arrested them, Superintendent of Police (SP) Manu Maharaj said.
Three cane bombs and 20 kgs of explosive powder were allegedly seized.
The ultras, associates of an incarcerated Maoist cadre Rajesh Sharma alias Tufani, had planned to use the explosives to ambush a police party, he said.
The duo was being interrogated, Maharaj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley