Two JD(U) MPs suspended from party attack Nitish govt
New Delhi: Two MPs suspended from Janata Dal (U) on Thursday accused the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar of fudging figures in the name of development in the state.
Lok Sabha MP Mangani Lal Mandal and Rajya Sabha MP Upendra Kushwaha, who are convenors of Bihar Nav Nirman Manch and its campaign committee respectively, released a pamphlet which sought to debunk the state government`s "Susashan" (good governance) claims.
A report of the CAG for the last financial year was also released at a conference of the Manch attended by both the MPs here.
"The fudging of figures is being done with the slogan of Shining Bihar. But the crime graph is rising, hunger deaths are happening," the pamphlet of the Manch alleged.
The CAG report, which pointed out losses suffered by the government due to alleged irregularties in the expenditure under various heads, had led to a political controversy in April this year with oppostion Lalu Prasads`s RJD and Ram Vilas Paswan`s LJP demanding a CBI probe.
Criticising the Bihar Chief Minister on many counts, the Manch alleged “amid the claims of development, the game of hiding scams and rising crime graph is continuing under a well-planned conspiracy".
Both Mandal and Kushwaha, who were present at the Manch conference along with a former JD-U MP Arun Kumar, had been suspended from the party on the charge of anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter