Two killed, 3 injured in road accident in Bihar
Khagaria: Two persons were killed and three others injured on Sunday when an autorickshaw carrying them overturned in Madarpur village in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said.
The mishap occured as the autorickshaw carrying six occupants lost control and overturned after its driver applied the break to avoid hitting a buffalo on the road, the sources said.
One Phantus Yadav (26) died on the spot, while Shyamsundar Paswan (46) succumbed to injuries in a referral hospital, they said.
The injured persons, identified as Vipin Malakar, Laxmi Devi and Ayush Kumar were rushed to the referral hospital for treatment. The attending doctors referred Malakar and Devi to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH)in view of their serious condition, the sources said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. The autorickshaw driver escaped from the spot after the accident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games