Two killed, 3 injured in road accident in Bihar
Khagaria: Two persons were killed and three others injured on Sunday when an autorickshaw carrying them overturned in Madarpur village in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said.
The mishap occured as the autorickshaw carrying six occupants lost control and overturned after its driver applied the break to avoid hitting a buffalo on the road, the sources said.
One Phantus Yadav (26) died on the spot, while Shyamsundar Paswan (46) succumbed to injuries in a referral hospital, they said.
The injured persons, identified as Vipin Malakar, Laxmi Devi and Ayush Kumar were rushed to the referral hospital for treatment. The attending doctors referred Malakar and Devi to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH)in view of their serious condition, the sources said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. The autorickshaw driver escaped from the spot after the accident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly