Two killed, 3 injured in road accident in Bihar
Khagaria: Two persons were killed and three others injured on Sunday when an autorickshaw carrying them overturned in Madarpur village in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said.
The mishap occured as the autorickshaw carrying six occupants lost control and overturned after its driver applied the break to avoid hitting a buffalo on the road, the sources said.
One Phantus Yadav (26) died on the spot, while Shyamsundar Paswan (46) succumbed to injuries in a referral hospital, they said.
The injured persons, identified as Vipin Malakar, Laxmi Devi and Ayush Kumar were rushed to the referral hospital for treatment. The attending doctors referred Malakar and Devi to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH)in view of their serious condition, the sources said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. The autorickshaw driver escaped from the spot after the accident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt