Two killed, 3 injured in road accident in Bihar
Khagaria: Two persons were killed and three others injured on Sunday when an autorickshaw carrying them overturned in Madarpur village in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said.
The mishap occured as the autorickshaw carrying six occupants lost control and overturned after its driver applied the break to avoid hitting a buffalo on the road, the sources said.
One Phantus Yadav (26) died on the spot, while Shyamsundar Paswan (46) succumbed to injuries in a referral hospital, they said.
The injured persons, identified as Vipin Malakar, Laxmi Devi and Ayush Kumar were rushed to the referral hospital for treatment. The attending doctors referred Malakar and Devi to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH)in view of their serious condition, the sources said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. The autorickshaw driver escaped from the spot after the accident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?