Two killed, 3 injured in road accident in Bihar
Khagaria: Two persons were killed and three others injured on Sunday when an autorickshaw carrying them overturned in Madarpur village in Bihar`s Khagaria district, police said.
The mishap occured as the autorickshaw carrying six occupants lost control and overturned after its driver applied the break to avoid hitting a buffalo on the road, the sources said.
One Phantus Yadav (26) died on the spot, while Shyamsundar Paswan (46) succumbed to injuries in a referral hospital, they said.
The injured persons, identified as Vipin Malakar, Laxmi Devi and Ayush Kumar were rushed to the referral hospital for treatment. The attending doctors referred Malakar and Devi to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH)in view of their serious condition, the sources said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said. The autorickshaw driver escaped from the spot after the accident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials