Two killed, 34 injured in Bihar school bus accident
Patna: Two students were killed and 34 injured when a school bus carrying them overturned in Bihar`s Ara town, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, police said.
"Two students of DB public School succumbed to their injuries after the bus accident," a district police official said.
According to the police officials, 34 students were injured and admitted to a government hospital. There were 50 students on the bus.
"Nearly half a dozen injured students are in critical condition," police officials said.
The accident took place near Salempur in Ara, about 60 km from here, when the bus driver of a private school tried to avoid a collision with a four wheeler coming from the opposite direction.
Hundreds of people gathered at the hospital where the injured students are undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city