Two killed, 34 injured in Bihar school bus accident
Patna: Two students were killed and 34 injured when a school bus carrying them overturned in Bihar`s Ara town, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, police said.
"Two students of DB public School succumbed to their injuries after the bus accident," a district police official said.
According to the police officials, 34 students were injured and admitted to a government hospital. There were 50 students on the bus.
"Nearly half a dozen injured students are in critical condition," police officials said.
The accident took place near Salempur in Ara, about 60 km from here, when the bus driver of a private school tried to avoid a collision with a four wheeler coming from the opposite direction.
Hundreds of people gathered at the hospital where the injured students are undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!