Two killed, 34 injured in Bihar school bus accident
Patna: Two students were killed and 34 injured when a school bus carrying them overturned in Bihar`s Ara town, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, police said.
"Two students of DB public School succumbed to their injuries after the bus accident," a district police official said.
According to the police officials, 34 students were injured and admitted to a government hospital. There were 50 students on the bus.
"Nearly half a dozen injured students are in critical condition," police officials said.
The accident took place near Salempur in Ara, about 60 km from here, when the bus driver of a private school tried to avoid a collision with a four wheeler coming from the opposite direction.
Hundreds of people gathered at the hospital where the injured students are undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP holds huge protest outside Mamata Banerjee's residence over attack on Roopa Ganguly's convoy
- Here’s what Kajol feels about the film industry
- Ayutthaya: Once a diplomatic hub in the Siamese kingdom, now a Thailand heritage site
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- US lifts arms embargo on Vietnam