Two killed, 34 injured in Bihar school bus accident
Patna: Two students were killed and 34 injured when a school bus carrying them overturned in Bihar`s Ara town, the district headquarters of Bhojpur, police said.
"Two students of DB public School succumbed to their injuries after the bus accident," a district police official said.
According to the police officials, 34 students were injured and admitted to a government hospital. There were 50 students on the bus.
"Nearly half a dozen injured students are in critical condition," police officials said.
The accident took place near Salempur in Ara, about 60 km from here, when the bus driver of a private school tried to avoid a collision with a four wheeler coming from the opposite direction.
Hundreds of people gathered at the hospital where the injured students are undergoing treatment.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today