Two killed as train hits autorickshaw in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: A woman and a five-year-old
girl were killed and five others injured when a train rammed
into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing near
Naugachia in Bhagalpur district Wednesday, official sources said.
15609 Seemanchal express from Anand Bihar in New Delhi to
Jogbani in Samastipur on the Barauni-Katihar section suddenly
hit the autorickshaw after its driver tried to cross the
railway tracks at Mandauni Dhala near Naugachia, sources said,
adding two of the passengers in the autorickshaw were killed
on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Priyanka Devi (35) and
Shavni Kumari (05), they said.
The autorickshaw was badly damaged.
The injured were admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical
College and Hospital where the condition of two was stated to
be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal