Two killed as train hits autorickshaw in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: A woman and a five-year-old
girl were killed and five others injured when a train rammed
into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing near
Naugachia in Bhagalpur district Wednesday, official sources said.
15609 Seemanchal express from Anand Bihar in New Delhi to
Jogbani in Samastipur on the Barauni-Katihar section suddenly
hit the autorickshaw after its driver tried to cross the
railway tracks at Mandauni Dhala near Naugachia, sources said,
adding two of the passengers in the autorickshaw were killed
on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Priyanka Devi (35) and
Shavni Kumari (05), they said.
The autorickshaw was badly damaged.
The injured were admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical
College and Hospital where the condition of two was stated to
be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city