Two killed as train hits autorickshaw in Bhagalpur
Bhagalpur: A woman and a five-year-old
girl were killed and five others injured when a train rammed
into an autorickshaw at an unmanned level crossing near
Naugachia in Bhagalpur district Wednesday, official sources said.
15609 Seemanchal express from Anand Bihar in New Delhi to
Jogbani in Samastipur on the Barauni-Katihar section suddenly
hit the autorickshaw after its driver tried to cross the
railway tracks at Mandauni Dhala near Naugachia, sources said,
adding two of the passengers in the autorickshaw were killed
on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Priyanka Devi (35) and
Shavni Kumari (05), they said.
The autorickshaw was badly damaged.
The injured were admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical
College and Hospital where the condition of two was stated to
be critical, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?