Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft
Patna: Two people were beaten to death allegedly for practicing witchcraft in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said Friday.
Permeshwar Manjhi and Sultan Manjhi, residents of Karasan village, were beaten to death late Thursday by their neighbours allegedly for practicing witchcraft, a police official said.
"It was a heinous crime and the accused will not be spared," said Gaya Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar.
According to police, the two men were beaten when the daughter of one of the accused, Kuleshwar Manjhi, started behaving in an unnatural way.
Kuleshwar claimed the two men were using black magic against his daughter and with other villagers beat them to death.
Police have arrested another accused, Suresh Manjhi.
Kuleshwar and his daughter escaped after the incident and are on the run.
In a similar incident, Surinder Manjhi, a resident of Salaiyya village, in Gaya district was killed by villagers three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price