Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft
Patna: Two people were beaten to death allegedly for practicing witchcraft in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said Friday.
Permeshwar Manjhi and Sultan Manjhi, residents of Karasan village, were beaten to death late Thursday by their neighbours allegedly for practicing witchcraft, a police official said.
"It was a heinous crime and the accused will not be spared," said Gaya Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar.
According to police, the two men were beaten when the daughter of one of the accused, Kuleshwar Manjhi, started behaving in an unnatural way.
Kuleshwar claimed the two men were using black magic against his daughter and with other villagers beat them to death.
Police have arrested another accused, Suresh Manjhi.
Kuleshwar and his daughter escaped after the incident and are on the run.
In a similar incident, Surinder Manjhi, a resident of Salaiyya village, in Gaya district was killed by villagers three days ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane