Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft
Patna: Two people were beaten to death allegedly for practicing witchcraft in a village in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said Friday.
Permeshwar Manjhi and Sultan Manjhi, residents of Karasan village, were beaten to death late Thursday by their neighbours allegedly for practicing witchcraft, a police official said.
"It was a heinous crime and the accused will not be spared," said Gaya Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar.
According to police, the two men were beaten when the daughter of one of the accused, Kuleshwar Manjhi, started behaving in an unnatural way.
Kuleshwar claimed the two men were using black magic against his daughter and with other villagers beat them to death.
Police have arrested another accused, Suresh Manjhi.
Kuleshwar and his daughter escaped after the incident and are on the run.
In a similar incident, Surinder Manjhi, a resident of Salaiyya village, in Gaya district was killed by villagers three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days