Two Maoists arrested
Gaya: Two hardcore Maoists, wanted in connection with murder of a policeman, were arrested from a hideout in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
The ultras, Jyoti Paswan alias Lodhi and Kamlesh Yadav alias Umesh Yadav, were arrested from a forest area last night, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Vinay Kumar told reporters.
A notebook, two letters, 14 kg sulphur power, 800 g aluminium power, 2.4 kg potassium dichromate, solar plate for charging mobile phones and six mobile sets were recovered from the possession of the two ultras, the SSP said.
The two were wanted in connection with a dozen cases of Maoist violence, including the murder of the then Konch police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Mithilesh Prasad in February 2010, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...