Two Maoists arrested
Gaya: Two hardcore Maoists, wanted in connection with murder of a policeman, were arrested from a hideout in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said on Wednesday.
The ultras, Jyoti Paswan alias Lodhi and Kamlesh Yadav alias Umesh Yadav, were arrested from a forest area last night, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Vinay Kumar told reporters.
A notebook, two letters, 14 kg sulphur power, 800 g aluminium power, 2.4 kg potassium dichromate, solar plate for charging mobile phones and six mobile sets were recovered from the possession of the two ultras, the SSP said.
The two were wanted in connection with a dozen cases of Maoist violence, including the murder of the then Konch police station`s Station House Officer (SHO) Mithilesh Prasad in February 2010, Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'