Two Maoists held Bihar
Jamui: The security forces on Sunday
apprehended two Maoists after an encounter between them in a village under Chandramandi police station area in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, a CRPF official said.
Acting on tip off about presence of some ultras in Bendra village, a team from 215th battalion of the CRPF camping at Betia reached there to launch a combing-cum-search operation against the outlaws, CRPF`s Assistant Commandant Rajesh Kumar said.
An encounter took place between the Maoists and the security forces who fired about 100 rounds at the retreating ultras, he said.
The security forces later arrested two unidentified Maoists, Kumar said, adding efforts were on ascertain the identity of the ultra duo from local villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi