Two Maoists held Bihar
Jamui: The security forces on Sunday
apprehended two Maoists after an encounter between them in a village under Chandramandi police station area in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, a CRPF official said.
Acting on tip off about presence of some ultras in Bendra village, a team from 215th battalion of the CRPF camping at Betia reached there to launch a combing-cum-search operation against the outlaws, CRPF`s Assistant Commandant Rajesh Kumar said.
An encounter took place between the Maoists and the security forces who fired about 100 rounds at the retreating ultras, he said.
The security forces later arrested two unidentified Maoists, Kumar said, adding efforts were on ascertain the identity of the ultra duo from local villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16