Two Maoists held Bihar
Jamui: The security forces on Sunday
apprehended two Maoists after an encounter between them in a village under Chandramandi police station area in Bihar`s naxal-infested Jamui district, a CRPF official said.
Acting on tip off about presence of some ultras in Bendra village, a team from 215th battalion of the CRPF camping at Betia reached there to launch a combing-cum-search operation against the outlaws, CRPF`s Assistant Commandant Rajesh Kumar said.
An encounter took place between the Maoists and the security forces who fired about 100 rounds at the retreating ultras, he said.
The security forces later arrested two unidentified Maoists, Kumar said, adding efforts were on ascertain the identity of the ultra duo from local villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof