Two Maoists held in Jehanabad
Jehanabad : Two Maoists were arrested on Monday by the Special Task Force (STF) from Railway Station Road under Town police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district.
Acting on a tip off, an STF team apprehended Nirmal Paswan alias Mutwar and Nandan Vishwakarma, while they were on way to purchase arms from a supplier, Superintendent of Police Sayali Dhurat said.
A number of Maoist literature was recovered from the two who belonged to Palamu district of Jharkhand.
Paswan was wanted in connection with dacoity in the railway premises among slew of other cases and had been jailed in the past too, the SP said.
Vishwakarma too was arrested earlier on charge of supply of illicit weapons to the Maoists, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa