Two Maoists held in Jehanabad
Jehanabad : Two Maoists were arrested on Monday by the Special Task Force (STF) from Railway Station Road under Town police station area in Bihar`s Jehanabad district.
Acting on a tip off, an STF team apprehended Nirmal Paswan alias Mutwar and Nandan Vishwakarma, while they were on way to purchase arms from a supplier, Superintendent of Police Sayali Dhurat said.
A number of Maoist literature was recovered from the two who belonged to Palamu district of Jharkhand.
Paswan was wanted in connection with dacoity in the railway premises among slew of other cases and had been jailed in the past too, the SP said.
Vishwakarma too was arrested earlier on charge of supply of illicit weapons to the Maoists, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie