Two more bombs found, defused in Patna
Patna: Two bombs were found in and around Patna`s Gandhi on Maidan Tuesday, on a day when Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami visited the spot that saw a string of explosions the previous day, police said.
One of the two bombs was found barely half an hour before Goswami`s visit to the site.
"One after another, two bombs were found Tuesday," Patna senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
The first bomb was found near SK Memorial hall, hardly 50 metres from Gandhi Maidan. The bomb was defused by the bomb disposal squad. The second bomb was found in Gandhi Maidan, police officials said.
The first bomb was detected when a police team was on a drive to search for hidden bombs.
"Immediately the bomb disposal squad defused it," a police official said.
Suspecting that more live bombs were in and around Gandhi Maidan, Manu Maharaj appealed to people to tell them if they spot any suspicious article.
"Police have requested people not to touch any suspicious article and inform police immediately if they find anything," Maharaj said.
Police, till now, have recovered six live bombs from Gandhi Maidan. A series of blasts took place Sunday before Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was to address a rally in Gandhi Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened