Two Naxalites killed in factional clash
Sasaram: A self-styled Maoist Zonal Commander and another Naxalite were killed in a clash between erstwhile Naxalite factions of MCC and PWG at Baulia village
in the Chutia police station area in Bihar`s Rohtas district on Friday.
DGP Neelmani said the two erstwhile rival factions clashed in which Birendra Rana (Yadav), Maoists Zonal Commander, Sone-Vidhyachal zone, and another Naxalite Vishnu Yadav were killed.
The bodies were recovered by the police, he said adding one AK-56 rifle was seized from them.
Search operations were on in the area to arrest the ultras, Neelmani added.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (Naxal) Amar Singh said Birendra Rana was carrying a cash reward of Rs two lakh from the Uttar Pradesh government, besides Rs 50,000 from Bihar government.
He was also wanted in connection of the killing of the Divisional Forest Officer (Rohtas) Sanjay Singh in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls