Two persons awarded life term in murder case
Ara: A court in Bihar`s Bhojpur district today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each after holding them guilty in the murder of an advocate three years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - I passed the order convicting Lambu Sharma and Samhut Sharma to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 25,000 as fine on each of them after finding them guilty in the murder case of an advocate Vinay Tiwari.
According to the prosecution, the convicted had exploded a bomb in the district court premises on July 10, 2009, targeting another advocate, Jitendra Singh, who survived the bid on his life but Tiwari got killed even as six other persons sustained injuries in the incident.
Another attacker, Jogendra Chaudhary, was also killed in the bomb blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore