Two persons awarded life term in murder case
Ara: A court in Bihar`s Bhojpur district today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each after holding them guilty in the murder of an advocate three years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - I passed the order convicting Lambu Sharma and Samhut Sharma to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 25,000 as fine on each of them after finding them guilty in the murder case of an advocate Vinay Tiwari.
According to the prosecution, the convicted had exploded a bomb in the district court premises on July 10, 2009, targeting another advocate, Jitendra Singh, who survived the bid on his life but Tiwari got killed even as six other persons sustained injuries in the incident.
Another attacker, Jogendra Chaudhary, was also killed in the bomb blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif