Two persons awarded life term in murder case
Ara: A court in Bihar`s Bhojpur district today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each after holding them guilty in the murder of an advocate three years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - I passed the order convicting Lambu Sharma and Samhut Sharma to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 25,000 as fine on each of them after finding them guilty in the murder case of an advocate Vinay Tiwari.
According to the prosecution, the convicted had exploded a bomb in the district court premises on July 10, 2009, targeting another advocate, Jitendra Singh, who survived the bid on his life but Tiwari got killed even as six other persons sustained injuries in the incident.
Another attacker, Jogendra Chaudhary, was also killed in the bomb blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured