Two persons awarded life term in murder case
Ara: A court in Bihar`s Bhojpur district today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each after holding them guilty in the murder of an advocate three years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - I passed the order convicting Lambu Sharma and Samhut Sharma to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 25,000 as fine on each of them after finding them guilty in the murder case of an advocate Vinay Tiwari.
According to the prosecution, the convicted had exploded a bomb in the district court premises on July 10, 2009, targeting another advocate, Jitendra Singh, who survived the bid on his life but Tiwari got killed even as six other persons sustained injuries in the incident.
Another attacker, Jogendra Chaudhary, was also killed in the bomb blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'