Two persons awarded life term in murder case
Ara: A court in Bihar`s Bhojpur district today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each after holding them guilty in the murder of an advocate three years ago.
The Additional District and Sessions Judge - I passed the order convicting Lambu Sharma and Samhut Sharma to life imprisonment and imposed Rs 25,000 as fine on each of them after finding them guilty in the murder case of an advocate Vinay Tiwari.
According to the prosecution, the convicted had exploded a bomb in the district court premises on July 10, 2009, targeting another advocate, Jitendra Singh, who survived the bid on his life but Tiwari got killed even as six other persons sustained injuries in the incident.
Another attacker, Jogendra Chaudhary, was also killed in the bomb blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump, Clinton to be given intelligence briefings: US officials
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President