Two persons sentenced to life in a murder case
Darbhanga: A court in Bihar`s Darbhanga
district on Monday convicted two persons to life imprisonment and
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them in a murder case
four years ago.
The additional district and sessions judge Murlidhar
passed the order convicting the accused persons Vijay Singh
and his son Sunil Singh to life and imposed a fine of Rs
10,000 on each after finding the duo guilty in the case.
According to the prosecution, a man Amit Singh died in
the PMCH at Patna on December 24, 2007, due to multiple
injuries a day after he was assaulted by five persons during
a clash between them over felling a stem of guava tree in
Tarahi village under Bahadurpur police station area.
The victim`s mother Pramila Devi had lodged a case
against five persons charging them with the murder of her son.
The court acquitted three other accused persons - Asha
Devi, Sheela Devi and Devi Devi for lack of evidence against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- French PM `relieved` Austrian ecologist beat far-right presidential rival
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!