Two persons sentenced to life in a murder case
Darbhanga: A court in Bihar`s Darbhanga
district on Monday convicted two persons to life imprisonment and
imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them in a murder case
four years ago.
The additional district and sessions judge Murlidhar
passed the order convicting the accused persons Vijay Singh
and his son Sunil Singh to life and imposed a fine of Rs
10,000 on each after finding the duo guilty in the case.
According to the prosecution, a man Amit Singh died in
the PMCH at Patna on December 24, 2007, due to multiple
injuries a day after he was assaulted by five persons during
a clash between them over felling a stem of guava tree in
Tarahi village under Bahadurpur police station area.
The victim`s mother Pramila Devi had lodged a case
against five persons charging them with the murder of her son.
The court acquitted three other accused persons - Asha
Devi, Sheela Devi and Devi Devi for lack of evidence against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"