Two prisoners injured in clash in Jehanabad jail
Jehanabad: Two prisoner were injured in a clash in a divisional jail in Bihar`s Jehanabad district today, police said.
The clash broke out after an under trial prisoner Tan Yadav was beaten up following a quarrel with fellow prisoner Pappu Yadav, Superintendent of Police Aditya Kumar said.
Tan Yadav and his uncle Surendra Yadav assaulted Pappu Yadav, he said.
This led to a clash between prisoners who pelted stones at the police when they intervened.
The SP said that he and the District Magistrate Aditya Das rushed to the jail with reinforcements and brought the situation under control.
Pappu Yadav and Tan Yadav were injured in the clash and were being treated by jail doctors, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj