Two sadhvis gangraped in ashram in Bihar
Bhagalpur: Two sadhvis at the Maharshi Mehi Ashram here were allegedly gang-raped by its in-charge and his associates, police said on Monday.
The sadhvis, who were sisters, were gangraped by the Ashram in-charge Swami Aryanand and his associates in a field inside the premises last night.
The accused were identified as Aryanand, Ghanshyam Mandal, Vivekanand Sinha, Pankaj Kumar, Prem Yadav, Ratna Paswan and three other unidentified persons, police said.
A case has been registered against various sections of IPC
But no one has been arrested, they added.
The sadhvis from Katihar district, have been staying at the ashram for some time, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India