Two sadhvis gangraped in ashram in Bihar
Bhagalpur: Two sadhvis at the Maharshi Mehi Ashram here were allegedly gang-raped by its in-charge and his associates, police said on Monday.
The sadhvis, who were sisters, were gangraped by the Ashram in-charge Swami Aryanand and his associates in a field inside the premises last night.
The accused were identified as Aryanand, Ghanshyam Mandal, Vivekanand Sinha, Pankaj Kumar, Prem Yadav, Ratna Paswan and three other unidentified persons, police said.
A case has been registered against various sections of IPC
But no one has been arrested, they added.
The sadhvis from Katihar district, have been staying at the ashram for some time, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city