Two school students drown in river Jehanabad
Jehanabad: Two school students were drowned on Saturday while bathing in a river in Jehanabad district of Bihar.
Jehanabad Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Manoranjan Kumar said the two students identified as Praveen Kumar (16) and Gaurav Kumar (15) along with four other friends had gone to take a bath at Sangam Ghat on Dardha river in the morning.
"Both are students of Manas International School and were staying in a lodge here. The water level was high and the flow was quite fast after the recent rains. They lost their footing and got swept away," the SDO said.
The district administration has roped in divers of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) to search for the bodies of the students. The parents of the students have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?