Two Sikh groups attack each other with swords at Patna Sahib Gurdwara
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: At least three people were seriously injured when two groups clashed at the Patna Sahib Gurdwara here on Tuesday.
According to initial reports, the clashes were reported between two groups - one representing the Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and the other Bal Leela Committee.
The two groups clashed over the election of a new Granthi.
The situation soon turned worse when the supporters of the two groups took out their swords and attacked each other.
Patna Sahib Gurdwara Committee immediately informed the local administration and a police team was rushed to control the situation.
Some other reports claim that more people have sustained injuries in the unfortunate incident that comes on a day when Sikhs around the world are celebrating the `Prakash Parv`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state