Two Sikh groups attack each other with swords at Patna Sahib Gurdwara
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: At least three people were seriously injured when two groups clashed at the Patna Sahib Gurdwara here on Tuesday.
According to initial reports, the clashes were reported between two groups - one representing the Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and the other Bal Leela Committee.
The two groups clashed over the election of a new Granthi.
The situation soon turned worse when the supporters of the two groups took out their swords and attacked each other.
Patna Sahib Gurdwara Committee immediately informed the local administration and a police team was rushed to control the situation.
Some other reports claim that more people have sustained injuries in the unfortunate incident that comes on a day when Sikhs around the world are celebrating the `Prakash Parv`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth