Two Sikh groups attack each other with swords at Patna Sahib Gurdwara
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: At least three people were seriously injured when two groups clashed at the Patna Sahib Gurdwara here on Tuesday.
According to initial reports, the clashes were reported between two groups - one representing the Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and the other Bal Leela Committee.
The two groups clashed over the election of a new Granthi.
The situation soon turned worse when the supporters of the two groups took out their swords and attacked each other.
Patna Sahib Gurdwara Committee immediately informed the local administration and a police team was rushed to control the situation.
Some other reports claim that more people have sustained injuries in the unfortunate incident that comes on a day when Sikhs around the world are celebrating the `Prakash Parv`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details