Two Sikh groups attack each other with swords at Patna Sahib Gurdwara
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: At least three people were seriously injured when two groups clashed at the Patna Sahib Gurdwara here on Tuesday.
According to initial reports, the clashes were reported between two groups - one representing the Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and the other Bal Leela Committee.
The two groups clashed over the election of a new Granthi.
The situation soon turned worse when the supporters of the two groups took out their swords and attacked each other.
Patna Sahib Gurdwara Committee immediately informed the local administration and a police team was rushed to control the situation.
Some other reports claim that more people have sustained injuries in the unfortunate incident that comes on a day when Sikhs around the world are celebrating the `Prakash Parv`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing