Two students electrocuted in Bihar school
Patna: Two students of a government high school were electrocuted and three seriously injured in Bihar Tuesday when they were asked to repair a handpump by the principal, police said.
The incident took place at the school in Saran district, about 100 km from here, when about six students were repairing a handpump following the principal`s order.
"When students were busy repairing handpump, an iron pipe came in contact with a high voltage wire. Two of them were electrocuted and three injured. The injured were admitted at a private clinic at Ekma for treatment," a police officer said.
The officer said the principal was absconding.
Angry over the students` death, local residents ransacked school and blocked roads to protest the incident. They blamed the school principal and demanded his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad