Two students electrocuted in Bihar school
Patna: Two students of a government high school were electrocuted and three seriously injured in Bihar Tuesday when they were asked to repair a handpump by the principal, police said.
The incident took place at the school in Saran district, about 100 km from here, when about six students were repairing a handpump following the principal`s order.
"When students were busy repairing handpump, an iron pipe came in contact with a high voltage wire. Two of them were electrocuted and three injured. The injured were admitted at a private clinic at Ekma for treatment," a police officer said.
The officer said the principal was absconding.
Angry over the students` death, local residents ransacked school and blocked roads to protest the incident. They blamed the school principal and demanded his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened