Two teenaged girls gang-raped at gunpoint in Bihar
Patna: Two teenage girls were gang-raped at gunpoint by five men Monday in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said.
The crime occurred in a deserted field at Bidupur in Vaishali, about 40 km from the state capital.
"Two girls were gang-raped at gunpoint. The girls were returning to their village after collecting wood for fuel when the assault occurred," a district police official said.
Police have registered a case on the basis of the statement of the victims. A medical test has confirmed the sexual assault.
"The girls told us that the accused threatened to kill them if they informed the police," the official said.
All five accused have been absconding since the incident. Police have still to make any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez