Two teenaged girls gang-raped at gunpoint in Bihar
Patna: Two teenage girls were gang-raped at gunpoint by five men Monday in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said.
The crime occurred in a deserted field at Bidupur in Vaishali, about 40 km from the state capital.
"Two girls were gang-raped at gunpoint. The girls were returning to their village after collecting wood for fuel when the assault occurred," a district police official said.
Police have registered a case on the basis of the statement of the victims. A medical test has confirmed the sexual assault.
"The girls told us that the accused threatened to kill them if they informed the police," the official said.
All five accused have been absconding since the incident. Police have still to make any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH