Two teenaged girls gang-raped at gunpoint in Bihar
Patna: Two teenage girls were gang-raped at gunpoint by five men Monday in Bihar`s Vaishali district, police said.
The crime occurred in a deserted field at Bidupur in Vaishali, about 40 km from the state capital.
"Two girls were gang-raped at gunpoint. The girls were returning to their village after collecting wood for fuel when the assault occurred," a district police official said.
Police have registered a case on the basis of the statement of the victims. A medical test has confirmed the sexual assault.
"The girls told us that the accused threatened to kill them if they informed the police," the official said.
All five accused have been absconding since the incident. Police have still to make any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom