Two undertrial prisoners escape from police custody
Patna: Two undertrial prisoners today escaped from police custody near Bahadurpur railway crossing in the state capital when they were being taken back from a court, police sources said.
The prisoners, identified as Kailash Kewat and Rajesh Chaube, were being taken back to Beur jail by a prison van after production before a court when they managed to escape by cutting iron net of the vehicle, the sources said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the two undertrial prisoners, they said.
ASI Sumanth Ram, who was head of the police escort team with the undertrial prisoners, has lodged a case at Patrakarnagar police station that the prisoners duo escaped by cutting the iron net of the prisoners` van, the sources said.
Kewat was an accused in an attempt to murder case while Chaube was arrested in connection with a loot.
A probe has been ordered in the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan