Two undertrial prisoners escape from police custody
Patna: Two undertrial prisoners today escaped from police custody near Bahadurpur railway crossing in the state capital when they were being taken back from a court, police sources said.
The prisoners, identified as Kailash Kewat and Rajesh Chaube, were being taken back to Beur jail by a prison van after production before a court when they managed to escape by cutting iron net of the vehicle, the sources said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the two undertrial prisoners, they said.
ASI Sumanth Ram, who was head of the police escort team with the undertrial prisoners, has lodged a case at Patrakarnagar police station that the prisoners duo escaped by cutting the iron net of the prisoners` van, the sources said.
Kewat was an accused in an attempt to murder case while Chaube was arrested in connection with a loot.
A probe has been ordered in the matter, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs