Two undertrial prisoners escape from police custody
Patna: Two undertrial prisoners today escaped from police custody near Bahadurpur railway crossing in the state capital when they were being taken back from a court, police sources said.
The prisoners, identified as Kailash Kewat and Rajesh Chaube, were being taken back to Beur jail by a prison van after production before a court when they managed to escape by cutting iron net of the vehicle, the sources said.
Raids were being carried out to nab the two undertrial prisoners, they said.
ASI Sumanth Ram, who was head of the police escort team with the undertrial prisoners, has lodged a case at Patrakarnagar police station that the prisoners duo escaped by cutting the iron net of the prisoners` van, the sources said.
Kewat was an accused in an attempt to murder case while Chaube was arrested in connection with a loot.
A probe has been ordered in the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends