‘Uma in poll fray will add to BJP infighting’
Bareilly: Congress leader Digvijay
Singh on Thursday said that with BJP leader Uma Bharti jumping into
the electoral fray in Uttar Pradesh, infighting will increase
among the chief ministerial aspirants in her party.
He said Bharti`s entry from Charkari in Bundelkhand
region would not affect Congress and BJP leaders who are
eyeing chief minister`s post should be worried about the
"Uma`s presence in UP will increase infighting within
BJP. Chief ministerial candidates like Rajnath, Kalraj and
Katiyar should be worried about her presence...We are not
taking her seriously.
"Uma ne Madhya Pradesh mein koi jhanda nahi gada hai, woh
Uttar Pradesh mein kya karenge (Uma has done nothing in MP...
what will she do in UP)," Singh told reporters after offering
a `chadar` at dargah Ala Hazrat on behalf of party chief Sonia
Earlier, Bharti had attacked Singh and said he was made
to "bite the dust" in Madhya Pradesh in 2003 when his
government was ousted after 10 years by BJP under her
Claiming that Congress would succeed in forming the
government in the state, Singh said that Rahul had awarded
tickets cleverly and after considering equations in each
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'