Undeclared emergency in Bihar during Nitish rule: RJD
Patna: Opposition RJD charged Nitish Kumar government on Saturday with having imposed `undeclared emergency` in Bihar to suppress spontaneous protest by the people during his ongoing `Adhikar Yatra`.
"An undeclared emergency-like situation prevails in Bihar at the moment, particularly in those districts being visited by the chief minister to address public meeting to mobilise support to the special status demand for Bihar," RJD leaders Abdul Bari Siddique, state unit president Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav told reporters.
The opposition leaders in districts have been taken into preventive custody, including 926 from RJD, while shops and market places were closed. People going to public meetings being frisked by the cops in the districts where Kumar has visited to address public meetings, they said adding the situation reminded one of the emergency days.
"A so-called democrat leader like the chief minister has been forced to impose an undeclared emergency to ensure success of his Adhikar yatra," the RJD leaders said and demanded Kumar`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say