Underprivileged children of `Super 30` make it big again
Patna: The underprivileged students of `Super 30` here have yet again made it big at the IIT entrance examination with 28 out of the total 30 students qualifying.
The result of JEE(Advance) was declared on Friday.
Chandan Kumar, son of a landless farmer of Gaya district and one of the students of the famed institute told PTI that he had managed to study till matriculation by borrowing books from friends.
"I have been reborn after my days in `Super30`," said Abhishek Kumar, the son of a small shopkeeper.
"My father and mother gave me birth but Anand Sir has granted us another life," said Shivangi Gupta, daughter of a book seller in a small township of Rasoolpur in Kanpur, said.
For Alok Ranjan, the youngest of four sons of a private school teacher who manages to sustain family by giving tuitions, it is a joyous occasion. "I have never purchased a new book in my life. My joy knows no bounds now that I have cleared entrance to IIT."
`Super 30` is the brainchild of noted mathematician Anand Kumar who founded the institution in 2002 and provides free of cost coaching for IIT entrance examination to students belonging to economically weaker sections.
The students are also provided with free food and accommodation.
"Due to lack of resources I could not go to Cambridge. I wish to see my reflection in all these students who hail from similar backgrounds," Kumar told PTI.
`Super 30` has attracted praise from world over and Tokyo University has announced to sponsor one of its students to study there.
The institute was heaped with praises and lauded as the best in India by Rassad Hussain, the special envoy of US President Barack Obama who visited it in 2011.
Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachhan had enacted the character of Anand Kumar in the film `Arakshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic